Fredericksburg Fitness Studio, a private personal training studio, helps hold people accountable and reach their goals
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia – (August 15, 2022) – There are many benefits to a healthy lifestyle and a physical fitness program. According to the National Institutes of Health, exercising regularly can help control weight, reduce heart disease risks, help manage blood sugar and insulin levels, improve mental health and mood, strengthen bones and muscles, improve sleep, and more. While most of us know how important it is, learning to hold ourselves accountable and stick with it is challenging. When we master it, we will find that it leads to long-term success.
“People often want a healthier lifestyle, but they need to know how to stick with it, which is the most difficult part,” Jennifer Scherer, certified personal trainer and owner of Fredericksburg Fitness Studio. “Accountability plays a big role in having a healthy lifestyle, so it’s important to focus on that.”
Accountability is often the missing link people need regarding their eating and exercise plans. Being accountable means that the person is willing to accept the responsibility of the decision to be healthier. It’s often easier to hold other people responsible for their actions than it is ourselves, which can lead us to abandon our exercise and nutrition goals quickly.
Here are 5 tips for having more accountability when making lifestyle changes:
- Hire a personal trainer. Having a personal trainer helps hold you accountable for the goals you set out to achieve. These motivating fitness professionals are there to ensure success as long as you are willing to put in the work inside and outside of the sessions.
- Have a workout partner. You can share workout ideas and recipes, do workouts together, and hold each other accountable. Asking a friend, significant other, or loved one to participate in a fitness journey together can be motivating, fun, and more successful than embarking on the journey alone.
- Remember why you started. Write it down. Put a note on your mirror. Whatever your reason for starting your journey or your goal, putting it somewhere for you to see every day will help encourage you to keep moving forward.
- Tell everyone. Whether the goal is to lose weight, run a marathon, or do a back flip, speak it into existence. Having everyone know your plan will help hold increase accountability. People will often check in to see how you are progressing with your goal, which is excellent for holding you accountable.
- Choose the hard right over the easy wrong. We’re not always going to be motivated to work towards our goals. Some days you just have to make the right choice, which can be challenging, over the easy option, which is usually the wrong one. Consistency and discipline go a long way when motivation slips. Sometimes you can’t give yourself a choice to do something or not. Suppose you have a workout on the schedule, a meal you prepared you’re not thrilled about eating, or anything you’ve prepped while in a motivated state. In that case, you need to follow through even when unmotivated, and you’ll see yourself getting closer and closer to your goals.
“We know how difficult it is to try and make healthy lifestyle changes on your own,” added Scherer. “Our team has worked with many people, helping them to achieve their goals. Nobody has to do it on their own, and by getting assistance, there’s a good chance that this will be the last time you start a new plan. From here on out, you will stick with a new lifestyle.”
Fredericksburg Fitness Studio is a private personal training studio that offers a range of services to improve health and wellness, including medical exercise, personal training, in-home medical training, virtual personal training, nutrition coaching, and a Pilates reformer program. All workouts on it are custom-tailored for the individual to address their physical fitness concerns. The Pilates Reformer program features a versatile machine designed to provide resistance. It can be used with the person standing, sitting, or lying down. Pilates, which has been around for nearly 100 years, offers a therapeutic workout that can address various health issues.
Fredericksburg Fitness Studio doesn’t offer memberships as other gyms do. They offer private customized fitness programs that are available by appointment. Many people who go to the studio are referrals from physical therapists and doctors. The wellness professionals at the studio communicate with the medical teams to keep them up on patient progress. To learn more about Fredericksburg Fitness Studio, visit the site: https://www.fburgfitness.com.
About Fredericksburg Fitness Studio
Founded in 2008, Fredericksburg Fitness Studio offers personalized fitness programs, nutrition coaching, and medical training. The private personal training studio was started by Jennifer Scherer, who has a background in human physiology, anatomy, nutrition, weight training, and exercise. The studio has a team working to help people reach their health and wellness goals. To learn more, visit the site at: https://www.fburgfitness.com.