Guardians of Rescue uses community donations to help with various animal and military causes.
SMITHTOWN, New York – (November 28, 2022) –Since 2012, GivingTuesday has taken place the first Tuesday following Thanksgiving each year. The organization that started the movement now encourages people to give every Tuesday all year. One organization that puts donations to good use throughout the year is Guardians of Rescue. Those looking for a place to support this year will want to keep their programs in mind.
“This year was one of our most challenging, with over 1,500 animals already rescued in 2022. We have shut down puppy mills, cleared out hoarder houses, rescued animals from lab testing, and pulled puppies from a storm drain. This year was nonstop,” explains Robert Misseri, co-founder of Guardians of Rescue. “That was made possible through donations from caring people who want to give back and support our work.”
Guardians of Rescue carry out meaningful work all year long. Here are five of the programs being supported through donations they receive:
- Disaster response. When a disaster occurs, the organization rushes in to help animals and people in need. From missions in Ukraine to helping with Hurricane Ian, they provide food, medicine, and other supplies when needed most.
- Military programs. The organization is instrumental in helping military members with their pets through its “No Buddy Left Behind” program. When soldiers bond with a pet they rescued while stationed overseas, they help get the animal to safety in America to live with the soldier.
- Cruelty investigation. When animal cruelty is suspected, they are there to investigate and ensure offenders are held accountable. They receive numerous tips regarding cruelty, and are frequently called in by law enforcement to assist.
- Animal rescue. From puppy mills and hoarding situations with hundreds of animals to an injured dog running on the side of the road, Guardians answer the call.
- Animal Shelters. Guardians provide shelters for dogs and cats to protect them from the elements, especially during the winter months when animals left outside can freeze to death.
“As the economy is shifting, we know more people and animals will struggle in 2023, and we want to be there to help,” added Misseri. “We really need to have the community’s support and appreciate every donation to help us carry out our mission.”
Guardians of Rescue is a grassroots organization with people around the country working together to save animals whenever and wherever they are suffering. To donate, visit the site: https://guardiansofrescue.networkforgood.com/projects/174592-giving-tuesday-2022_rescue
About Guardians of Rescue
Headquartered in New York, Guardians of Rescue is an organization whose mission is to protect the well-being of all animals. It provides aid to animals in distress, including rehabilitation, assisting other rescue groups, and providing support to families, both military and not, who need assistance due to economic factors. To learn more about Guardians of Rescue, visit the site at www.guardiansofrescue.org.