Skin care has evolved over the years, constantly improving the more we learn and the further science advances. By creating a good skin care routine, you are not only helping improve the longevity of your youthfulness, but helping your overall health by preventing skin cancer, creating a strong barrier from infections, and of course, self-confidence.
However, with countless skin care brands and products, each claiming they have what you need, it can be hard to determine which is right for you without trying each and every single one. With that said, sometimes you need a specific product for certain skin conditions or situations. Silex, a brand new up-and-coming skin care brand, aims to do just that.
The Effect Travel Has On The Skin
Erin Johnston, Founder and Creator of Silex, is a corporate pilot who has spent the majority of her career piloting planes. However, she realized the more time she spent in planes, the worse her complexion looked and felt. As her skin and complexion worsened, she began researching why being in a plane cockpit or cabin, as well as being in high altitudes caused this issue.
After extensive research on the subject, Johnston ended up finding various factors that contribute to why airplanes provide a harsh environment for skin:
- Airplane windows and windshields do next to nothing to protect skin from harmful UV-A rays. These rays penetrate the skin more deeply and cause premature aging and wrinkles.
- Pilots and passengers flying for 56 minutes at 30,000 ft receive the same level of UV-A radiation as a 20-minute tanning bed session.
- The average relative humidity in an aircraft cabin is approximately 20%, this is 40% lower than the 60% relative humidity dermatologists say is ideal for preventing dry skin.
- Based on recent research, there is an approximate 8 to 10% increase in UV intensity for every 1,000 ft of elevation.
- The majority of aircraft pressurization systems are primarily designed to reduce the water content in the air. Only two planes–the Boeing 787 and Airbus 350–have onboard humidifiers.
Skin Care For Frequent Travelers and Flyers
After researching and finding the harmful effects that travel and flying have on the skin, Johnston partnered with cosmetic chemists and professionals to create Silex, a skin care brand that provides products for individuals who frequently travel.
Before creating any formulas, Silex dedicated itself to intense research to make sure its products had the best ingredients and formulas that would not only hydrate the skin but would also be the kindest. Their products specifically contain Alpine Rose Flower Extract. This Swiss flower grows at altitudes up to 9,600 ft and contains epigenetic factors and metabolites that preserve the human skin stem cell’s function.
Just the Essentials: The Must-Have At-Home SkinCare Program(Opens in a new browser tab)
Skin Care For Every Situation
Johnston and the team at Silex aren’t just focused on providing the best skin care products for all types of travelers, but they also want to educate travelers on how to properly take care of their skin depending on their situation. Whether you are trying to take care of your skin in your 20s, traveling internationally, camping, or something else, Silex helps individuals know exactly what to do and how to do it to make sure their skin is hydrated, healthy, and glowing.
For more information on Silex, or any questions regarding their products, feel free to reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discussion about this post