Dr. Dani B., a smile makeover specialist in Los Angeles, shares tips to live by for Oral Health Month.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – (May 30, 2023) – June is Oral Health Month, making it a great time to focus on improving and creating better oral care habits. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, having good oral health is essential to one’s overall well-being. Despite oral health’s importance, many people suffer from problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, bad breath, and more. The good news is that small changes in your oral health routine can make a big impact on your health and your smile!
“Nobody realizes how important oral health is until there is a major issue that forces them to rethink their routines,” explains the expert cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles, Dr. Dani Benyaminy, known by his loyal patients as “Dr. Dani B.” “The truth is that you can have the smile of your dreams if you are willing to do the work to make it happen.”
The way we feel about our oral health has an impact on how we think of ourselves. When we feel good about the way our smile looks, we are more confident. People with poor oral health tend to have a low self-image…because of their teeth, they may not feel confident, tend to avoid smiling, speaking in groups, and shy away from dating or securing their dream job. The Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) reports that 18% of adults say that their mouth appearance and teeth have affected their ability to interview for a job.
Beyond aesthetics, severe health-related issues are linked to oral health. HRSA reports that poor oral care has been linked to health conditions in other body parts, including diabetes, heart disease, lung issues, certain cancers, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Here are some simple tips for making oral health improvements from Dr. Dani B:
- Don’t rush brushing. Those two minutes feel like an eternity. Use the time in the morning or in the shower to do a thorough job. Listen to a song or try brushing with your non-dominant hand to help challenge your brain.
- Opt for an electric toothbrush. They are much more effective at cleaning the teeth and do a lot of manual labor for you. Also, make sure you use it correctly. You don’t brush with an electric toothbrush, you let the brush do the work, otherwise, you can harm your teeth. Guide the brush around the areas of the mouth, but let it do all the labor of cleaning the teeth.
- Never skip flossing. The importance of flossing cannot be understated. Keep floss everywhere: in a travel bag, in the car, the shower, and nightstand so you use it liberally. Make a point to go to bed only after flossing.
- Rinse after acidic drinks. People are addicted to coffee, but it is acidic and can stain your teeth. Be sure to rinse your mouth after drinking coffee or have your iced coffee with a straw to push it past your teeth. Other acidic drinks include orange juice, apple juice, cola and some bottled waters.
- Clean up the diet. According to the Harvard School of Public Health, our foods can significantly affect oral health. Some foods will help strengthen teeth, while others may lead to decay. It’s important to get minerals, such as phosphorus and calcium, in the diet so they help protect the teeth. Fruits and vegetables can help clean the teeth because they are high in fiber and water.
“Having good oral health is imperative for our physical and psychological well-being,” adds Dr. Dani B. “I’ve helped many people achieve the beautiful smile they want and improve their oral health, which also boosts their confidence.”
Dr. Dani B. is an expert cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles. He is known as a smile makeover specialist as well as a porcelain veneer specialist. His custom-built office in Century City, California, offers VIP treatments for everyone that visits, and virtual consultations are offered to help people determine the best route to meet their goals. With a focus on delivering personalized treatments and achieving optimal oral health, Dr. Dani B. and his experienced team offer a comprehensive range of services, including preventive care, cosmetic dentistry, restorative treatments, orthodontics, and dental implants. The practice also offers Invisalign, Zoom teeth whitening, and urgent dental care. Dr. Dani B. uses cutting-edge technology to help people achieve celebrity-caliber smiles. To get a healthy and confident smile, visit https://www.drdanib.com/ and view famous smile makeovers on Instagram @DrDaniB.
About Dr. Dani Benyaminy
Dr. Dani Benyaminy, known by his loyal patients as “Dr. Dani B.” is located in Century City, California, and is committed to providing exceptional dental care in a compassionate and patient-centered environment. His practice provides comprehensive cosmetic, restorative, and preventative dental care for the whole family in a modern setting. He provides natural-looking smile makeovers and develops customized treatment plans that address each individual’s unique concerns. The office offers virtual consultations with cutting-edge technologies to craft beautiful smiles that positively impact people across the country. To learn more or schedule a consultation, visit the site at: https://www.drdanib.com/