Ageless MD turns the spotlight on the connection between mental and physical health
TUSTIN, Calif. – (May 10, 2022) – May is Mental Health Awareness Month, spotlighting an issue that impacts millions of people around the country. The top doctor at Ageless MD is spreading the importance of helping people understand the association between having a healthy body image and one’s mental health. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, mental health is an incredibly important part of overall health.
“I want to help people feel and look their best, but they need to be aware that body image and mental health often go hand-in-hand,” shares Dr. TJ Tsay, the medical director at Ageless MD. “The more people realize that mental and physical health are connected, the more they will be able to work on the outside so that it helps them feel better on the inside.”
Here are some things to know about how body image impacts mental health:
- According to the Office on Women’s Health, a healthy body image means feeling good about how one looks and feeling comfortable in one’s body. They report that women with a positive body image are more likely to have good physical and mental health.
- In a study published in the December 2019 issue of the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, body dissatisfaction is closely associated with depression, use of performance-enhancing substances, and low self-esteem.
- The Office on Women’s Health reports that having a negative body image can put one at a higher risk for mental health conditions, including eating disorders.
- Working on their outer appearance can help people feel better mentally. This can be done through physical exercise, eating a healthy diet, getting proper sleep, and addressing any issues people may focus on, such as acne problems.
- Developing a positive body image takes time, so it’s essential to be realistic about the time to transition one’s mindset. People must be patient as they work on developing a positive body image.
- Ageless MD focuses on creating confidence in their clients. This can be something as small as getting acne scars smoothed out, for example, and it can have a huge positive impact on one’s life because everyone wants beautiful, clear skin. Consider smoothing out acne scars with the Ageless MD signature “bellafill” subcision treatment or their radiofrequency micro-needling treatment.
- Fixing flaws to help people be a better version of themselves can go a long way. Little tweaks can speak volumes. A minor tweak physically can have a major positive impact mentally. Something as small as removing a sunspot zap with a laser, or correcting a minor hump on the nose with dermal fillers, can have a big positive impact on one’s mental image of themselves.
- It’s important to encourage a healthy lifestyle by being in top physical shape. Dr. Tsay leads by example, making it a priority to live a healthy lifestyle. At the age of 50, he looks and feels his best because he is in top physical shape.
“We help people work on the connection between their mental health and physical image,” added Dr. Tsay. “We are physical, mental, and spiritual beings. I’m not only lifting up faces but lifting up people. I’m happy to say that I went from saving lives as an ER doctor to enhancing people’s lives in my current office.”
Ageless MD offers a full range of cutting-edge and advanced aesthetic procedures. Their expertise is in the non-invasive face and skin rejuvenation, including smoothing out wrinkles, evening out skin tone, and tightening and firming the skin. They offer non-surgical facelifts, non-surgical nose jobs, eyelid tightening, nonsurgical butt augmentation, and more. The office has laser and energy devices to treat moat unwanted pigmentation, acne scars, and other common skin ailments. Additionally, they offer injectables, dermal fillers, double chin treatment, and special procedures for men, including penile enhancement and delivering treatments for erectile dysfunction. Located in Tustin, California, their office serves people from all around the world. To learn more about Ageless MD or schedule an appointment, visit the site at: https://www.ageless-md.com
About Ageless MD:
Ageless MD in Orange County, California’s premier state-of-the-art aesthetic medicine destination helping thousands of patients from all over the globe look and feel their best at every age. Committed to offering the most advanced innovations in anti-aging, Founder/Medical Director Dr. TJ Tsay is widely recognized for delivering unparalleled results and is rated Allergan’s Top 1% in the US. He trains other providers for Galderma, the makers of Restylane, Dysport, and Sculptra. He is also an expert in PDO Thread Lift procedure, trailblazing the field of non-invasive facial rejuvenation. Follow @Ageless_MD on Instagram to see real results. Schedule an appointment online at https://www.ageless-md.com.
Discussion about this post