TUSTIN, Calif. – (July 14, 2022) – According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 626,000 people under the age of 29 had a minimally invasive procedure done in 2020. That age group had nearly a million cosmetic procedures that year, which was down due to the pandemic closures. Still, it shows how popular cosmetic procedures are for the younger generation, who often get ideas about how they want to look by watching online videos. One of the procedures rapidly growing in popularity is a thread lift, likely motivated by the appearances they see on social media filters.
“The lifts and the type of results that I can get from these types of procedures are beyond what I can do with your traditional Botox and fillers,” says Dr. TJ Tsay, the medical director at Ageless MD who is a facial-sculpting artist and PDO thread trainer/expert and speaker. “Younger people opt for this procedure because of its great results and mimics the filtered look they see on social media.”
Sometimes fillers and Botox can have a negative connotation or get a bad rap, but it’s not like that with thread lifts. Thread lifts are among the most popular procedures being requested in Dr. Tsay’s office by this age group. Here are 5 things to know about thread lifts for the millennial generation before making the appointment:
- Not all threads are created equal. There are different thread companies, and it may be difficult for the consumer to research and find out which brands are better. Something to ask for is good before and after photos done by that particular doctor or provider, to see demonstrations of their work. Often, the doctor will show before and after pictures from the thread company, not their own work, so be sure to get clarification.
- Know what type of results can be expected. The enhancements and the improvements speak for themselves. The procedure can help achieve a cheek loft and a nice contour. It can provide a more defined jawline, as well as a nicely defined contoured nose, which will make it look skinnier. The threads can also do a brow lift, opening up the eyes and giving a more awake look. All of this can be achieved with natural-looking results.
- Plan to minimize expressions for a week. Following a facial threads procedure, avoiding big facial expressions for about a week is a good idea. The freshly placed threads are under the skin so you do not want to stretch or move them too much.
- Make some routine adjustments. It’s recommended to skip working out for a week and getting facials for a month. This provides the necessary healing time, so there is no chance of affecting the threads.
- Choose the medical spa or cosmetic office wisely for the procedure. Remember that it probably is if the deal is too good to be true. Get feedback from others, look at their online reviews, and find someone with a lot of great feedback. Opt for a doctor or provider with a well-established reputation. Avoid “bottom fishing” because those are likely people with minimal experience and will be doing the procedure at a rock bottom price to get practice.
“You see the results immediately when I do a procedure. I do one side of the face first, and I take what I call a “half-time show” and show them when one half is done, and the other isn’t,” added Dr. Tsay. “The results are immediate, they can see it immediately, and they are always impressed.”
Dr. Tsay was recently a featured speaker at The Aesthetics Show in Las Vegas, where he spoke about nonsurgical rejuvenation using MINT PDO for the nose and brow. He is considered the trailblazer of threading in the US and can be seen in action doing a thread lift on celebrity Kane Lim in season 2 of Bling Empire available on NETFLIX.
Offering a full range of cutting-edge and advanced aesthetic procedures, Ageless MD is located in Tustin, Calif. Their offices serve Orange County and the surrounding Southern California area. Their expertise is in non-invasive face and skin rejuvenation, including addressing wrinkles, acne, and facial atrophy. They offer a nonsurgical facelift, nonsurgical nose job, nonsurgical butt-lift, and more. The office has laser and energy devices to tighten loose skin, lighten pigmentation, address brown spots, etc. Additionally, they offer injectables, dermal fillers, double chin treatment, body procedures, and special procedures for men, including penile enhancement and delivering treatments for erectile dysfunction and hair loss. Dr. Tsay appeared in season two of the show “Bling Empire” doing a PDO thread lift. To learn more about Ageless MD or schedule an appointment, visit the site at: https://www.ageless-md.com.
About Ageless MD:
Ageless MD in Orange County, California’s premier state-of-the-art aesthetic medicine destination helping thousands of patients from all over the globe look and feel their best at every age. Committed to offering the most advanced innovations in anti-aging, Founder/Medical Director Dr. TJ Tsay is widely recognized for delivering unparalleled results and is rated Allergan’s Top 1% in the US. He trains other providers for Galderma, the makers of Restylane, Dysport, and Sculptra. He is also an expert in PDO Thread Lift procedure, trailblazing the field of non-invasive facial rejuvenation. Follow @Ageless_MD on Instagram to see real results. Schedule an appointment online at https://www.ageless-md.com.
Discussion about this post