Alcatraz East Crime Museum, located in Pigeon Forge, is a must-see for true crime and history buffs
PIGEON FORGE, Tennessee (February 1, 2022) – While visiting the Pigeon Forge area there’s a must-see destination for everyone who considers themselves to be a true crime fan or history buff. Alcatraz East Crime Museum is a popular destination for those tourists and residents alike. The museum puts the spotlight on crime and punishment, giving people an experience they can’t find elsewhere. Not only will guests learn about some of the most notorious crimes, but they will also learn about the consequences of crime and the important role that law enforcement plays.
“Many people are not sure what to expect when they walk through the door, but once they leave they are happy they did so,” says Summer Blalock, manager for Alcatraz East. “It’s truly a unique experience and something that everyone can get something out of.”
True crime and history buffs are not the only ones who make the museum a destination. There are individuals and families who visit because it provides such an educational and interesting experience. There are areas of the museum that will engage all ages, including kids who can be a junior detectives and meet McGruff the Crime Dog.
Here are the top 5 things to do at Alcatraz East Crime Museum:
- See O.J. Simpson’s famous white Bronco on display. The actual vehicle that captured the attention of millions is on display is one of the things people want to see most.
- Get hands-on experiences all throughout the museum. Guests can be a part of a line-up, walk through a jail cell, test their hand at solving crime, and more.
- Brush up on crime history, including seeing a serial killer exhibition, and learning about the history of crime in America. The crime information will take you from pirates to white-collar criminals to the events of 9/11, and beyond.
- Learn how law enforcement solves crime by taking part in the investigation. This hands-on exhibit allows you to solve crime through forensic science, including using DNA, blood analysis, and fingerprinting.
- Check out the artifacts. The museum is loaded with real crime-related artifacts that are in display. Some of the most notorious artifacts include Ted Bundy’s VW Beetle, John Dillinger’s death mask, and John Wayne Gacy’s paint box.
“We are a top destination in the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area,” added Blalock. “The historical information and exhibits are something for everyone to see and enjoy.”
Alcatraz East Crime Museum features over 100 exhibits, including temporary exhibits, focusing on the notorious history of crime in the country, crime scene investigation, the consequences of crime, crime-fighting, counterfeit crimes, pop culture, and more. There are numerous popular items on display for people to see, including the famous white Bronco from the O.J. Simpson chase and Ted Bundy’s famous Beetle. The museum also features special guest speakers throughout the year.
This top museum is open at 10 a.m. daily. The last tickets are sold 60 minutes before closing. These interactive experiences are available for birthday parties, school groups, scouts, team building, or other special events for an additional fee. To get more information about tickets, discounts, and what all the museum offers, visit the site: https://www.alcatrazeast.com.
About Alcatraz East
Alcatraz East is the most arresting crime museum in the United States. Guests of all ages can encounter a unique journey into the history of American crime, crime-solving, and our justice system. Through interactive exhibits and original artifacts, Alcatraz East is an entertaining and educational experience for all ages – so much fun it’s a crime! This family attraction is located at the entrance of The Island, located at 2757 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN. The last ticket is sold 60 minutes before closing. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit: www.alcatrazeast.com.