SYRACUSE, New York – (June 13, 2022) – Parents and caregivers looking for a fun way to keep their kids active and engaged this summer will want to consider WonderWorks Syracuse as their next family outing. The beloved upside-down lab has over 100 hands-on exhibits, activities, and experiences that will keep visitors learning and entertained. To provide guests with more opportunities to visit, WonderWorks is extending its summer hours to be open seven days per week for more family fun.
“Whoever said learning can’t be fun has clearly never been to WonderWorks! We strive to provide educational yet exciting activities for students of all ages,” says Jon Cascella, general manager for WonderWorks Syracuse. “Come on in from the unpredictable CNY weather and have some fun. It’s going to be a great summer!”
According to The Brookings Institute, on average, students’ achievement scores decline by one month’s worth of school-year learning over summer vacation. This decline is often called the “summer slide,” when academic progress tends to slide backward due to being out of the classroom. Parents and caregivers can help reduce the risk of the summer slide by keeping kids actively learning during the summer.
WonderWorks Syracuse is the ideal place to help kids combat the summer slide because it combines learning with fun activities. Some of the exciting, physical, and educational things families can do include:
- Exploring over 100 hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) exhibits that challenge the mind and spark the imagination.
- Conquering the Canyon Climb Ropes Course, where families can stay active by completing over 81 different obstacles. They can also take on various other physical challenges, such as an Xtreme 360 bike.
- Experiencing the different Wonder Zones, dedicated to topics such as space, light, sound, extreme weather, pressure, and more. Space exploration activities allow students to engage in an astronaut training challenge or climb into the Mercury capsule to get a front-row seat. They can learn about light and sound by watching their shadows dance and using their feet to play a giant piano.
- Interacting in hands-on activities, such as the Dig It! Interactive projection sandbox and twisting gears in the Imagination Lab. They can also have fun lying on the Bed of Nails, creating bubbles the size of basketballs in the Bubble Lab, and more.
- Strolling through the Illusion Art Gallery and the New York Youth Art Gallery, featuring artwork that other local young artists have created. Visitors can be inspired to create their own artwork by observing these unique pieces.
“Visiting WonderWorks also gives families a way to escape the heat and rain. No matter the weather, they can be comfortable and have fun inside our facility,” added Cascella.
WonderWorks Syracuse will be open seven days per week all summer. They will be open Monday through Thursday from noon until 7 pm, 11 am to 9 pm on Friday and Saturday, and from noon to 6 pm on Sunday.
An annual pass is the best way to get the most out of WonderWorks Syracuse. Annual passes are $58 for the year and provide unlimited access to WonderWorks, laser tag, the Canyon Climb Ropes Course, and other special pass holder events. Passholders can also visit all other WonderWorks locations for only $10. To get more information or to purchase an annual pass visit the front desk or website: https://www.wonderworksonline.com/destiny/annual-pass/.
WonderWorks Syracuse also offers epic summer birthday parties for kids of all ages. They offer various party packages, starting at $200. Package scan includes laser tag, the Canyon Climb Ropes Course, and/or the interactive exhibits area. To learn more about the birthday party packages or make a reservation, visit the site at https://www.wonderworksonline.com/destiny/groups/birthday-parties/.
WonderWorks Syracuse offers a variety of educational programs and promotions throughout the year for local students and families to enjoy. It also offers group rates, scouting programs, sensory days, homeschool days, and corporate events. WonderWorks Syracuse features an indoor, 70-foot-tall suspended ropes course, laser tag, a 4D XD motion theater, the Wonder Zones, and more. For more information, visit the site at: https://www.wonderworksonline.com/destiny.
WonderWorks, a science-focused indoor amusement park, combines education and entertainment into one venue. With over 100 hands-on exhibits, there is something unique and challenging for all ages. Feel the power of 71 mph hurricane-force winds in the Hurricane Shack. Make life-sized bubbles in the Bubble Lab. Get the NASA treatment and experience zero gravity in our Astronaut Training Gyro. Nail it by lying on the death-defying Bed of Nails. WonderWorks is located in Orlando, Pigeon Forge, Panama City Beach, Myrtle Beach, Syracuse, and Branson. Visit WonderWorksonline.com/destiny and follow @WonderWorksDestiny on Facebook, @WonderWorksDUSA on Twitter, and @WonderWorks_dusa on Instagram.
Discussion about this post