Minerals and vitamins are crucial for your body’s proper growth and operation. While most people obtain the appropriate amount of nutrients by eating healthfully, certain people require a small nutrient boost. Supplements can help with that by giving your body the assistance it needs to remain healthy. Supplementation aids in overcoming these nutritional inadequacies and replenishing the nutrients in our bodies where they belong. We can better combat chronic disease and minimize long-term health costs when our bodies start to assimilate more and more nutrients from supplements.
Dr. Nayan Patel of Auro Wellness has been working for over three decades to unlock the key to vitality and good health while aging. His work has caught the attention of dynamic thought leaders, including Tony Robbins and Dr. Mark Hyman. What he’s found is that supplements can play a significant role in lessening the damaging effects of oxidative stress on the body.
The key is that supplements work in tandem with a balanced diet, moderate exercise, and the right supplement regime. This includes working with your body’s naturally occurring antioxidant, Glutathione, to stay healthy and vibrant.
Dr. Nayan Patel’s Advice on Creating a Healthy Supplement Regimen:
- Food comes first! The first line of defense to fight inflammation is always eating healthfully by maintaining a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, the best source of the nutrients our bodies need. A healthy supplement program is based on food + supplements working together.
- Supplements are best used to fill in the gaps in your diet. With the oxidative stress that bombards our daily lives, almost all of us can benefit from daily supplements to help the body. Several studies have shown that fruits and vegetables are now lower in nutrients than in previous years due to soil depletion and the difference in plant breeding. A daily supplement regimen can help.
- Our body creates its own Master antioxidant, Glutathione. It’s an incredibly important detoxifier, ensuring that the immune system functions properly, essential to tissue building and repair, and more. As we age, Glutathione levels subside. Levels can increase with lifestyle, diet, and the subdermal supplement Glutaryl. Dr. Patel developed the Auro GSH™ Antioxidant Delivery System, a patented, first-of-its-kind technology that optimizes antioxidant absorption and efficacy. Keeping Glutathione levels where they need to fight off sickness and disease keeps the body in balance.
- Help your body by limiting oxidative stress. The sun’s rays create free radicals, zapping levels of Glutathione in the body that have to fight those free radicals. Alcohol makes it hard for the body to digest vitamins. Nutrition and supplements are working hard to help our bodies; limiting the oxidative stress we have control over is incredibly important. Make choices so the body can fully absorb the nutrients we provide.
- Focus on the whole package: nutrition, the right supplements, exercise, and sleep. Supplements can be a powerful way to help us fill the gaps that nutrition doesn’t. Prioritizing sleep and exercise also gets us to the next level of good health. Together, these four components can help your body fight the oxidative stress that wants to deplete our energy and health every day!
More on the Master antioxidant, Glutathione:
Glutathione: the body’s master antioxidant with a “superpower” is in every cell of your body. It’s your disease-fighting, toxin-eliminating, age-preventing beautifier and your first line of defense against free radicals. Even more remarkable is that glutathione is naturally produced by your body. Your body creates glutathione by combining three amino acids. It can also get glutathione from glutathione-containing foods.
This all sounds excellent if your glutathione levels are high, but what if they aren’t? The reality is that at around 20 years old, glutathione levels start to drop and then continue to drop as you age. The problem is – you need glutathione EVEN MORE as you age. From environmental stressors to strenuous workouts, stress, or the cumulation of not taking care of yourself over time, all these things and more tear down glutathione stores. It’s as simple as this: if you use a shampoo with tons of chemicals, your body works extra hard and uses more glutathione stores to get those toxins out of your body. (Remember, it’s a master toxin eliminator!)
So, if your glutathione levels are dropping due to age, and your glutathione stores are dropping as they fight the free radicals in your life, the free radicals are winning. And that’s how you have oxidative stress. This leads us to the big question: How do you naturally get more glutathione in your body? The good news is that glutathione can build itself; it just needs to be kicked into gear!
Here’s what you can do:
Adopt these four lifestyle habits that preserve and build glutathione naturally.
1. Again, eat the right foods and avoid the wrong foods
- Nix processed foods with preservatives, pesticides, and heavy metals. Your body will spend less glutathione fighting these free radicals.
- Focus on foods that promote a GSH-boosting diet; some great options are avocado, oranges, spinach, tomatoes, and watermelon.
- Supplement with a strategy, and always check with your healthcare provider first. Supplements that boost GSH include coenzyme Q10, vitamin C, magnesium glycinate, and more.
- Traditionally, glutathione supplements haven’t worked very well. All delivery systems are not equal. For example, an IV drip delivery of glutathione has effects lasting only 30 minutes to three hours. Dr. Patel worked with Dr. Chinh Tran to manipulate the actual glutathione molecule to keep it in a reduced and water-soluble form. This way, a topical solution can deliver GSH through the skin’s pores. This discovery, Glutaryl, has been a groundbreaking way to deliver glutathione with rapid absorption.
2. Exercise – You can’t get away from it
- Exercise helps boost the manufacture of glutathione and create a more efficient release from the tissues. There is also some evidence that if you exercise throughout your life, you will maintain higher glutathione levels as you age.
3. Avoid toxins as much as possible
- Be an alert consumer and avoid products that contain substances we know are not suitable for us. Top offenders include bisphenol-A in plastics and food packaging, phthalates in plastics, solvents, personal care products, and parabens in cosmetics, body care products, and more.
4. Address stress
- Keeping stress levels low daily can help conserve antioxidants, including glutathione. Try meditation for three to seven minutes, two times daily to free your mind of clutter. Take a walk outside in nature or a long bath.
Be on your way to a healthier you with some simple changes to increase glutathione. Endless benefits include better overall wellness, more energy, and even better skin due to more significant cell turnover and collagen creation.
Dr. Nayan Patel founded Auro in 2011 with a mission: To reduce the long-term impact of stress on the body. He has created a solution that treats the symptoms of stress and works with the body on a cellular level. Discovering the benefits of glutathione, Patel has stabilized this powerful ingredient, improved absorption, and increased its effectiveness, making it more accessible to those who need it. Combining revolutionary elements, cutting-edge patented sub-nano absorption technology, and a clear system for healthy living, Auro works to support your body every day, healing from within. Visit aurowellness.com to discover the power of glutathione and Auro’s patented Glutaryl and other products developed by Dr. Patel.